- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsps sugar/or honey
- 3 tbsps water
- 1 – 2 tsps cornstarch, sifted
- 8 pieces of bread, medium/thick sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- fresh mint to garnish
- In a medium-sized saucepan combine the blackberries, blueberries, vanilla, sugar/honey, and water (covered) over a medium low flame. Once simmering and the fruit begins to burst (about 5 minutes) gently mash with a fork or potato masher, then whisk in the cornstarch until well incorporated.* Cover once more and simmer over a low flame until needed.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread as desired — I recommend extra crispy.
- When ready, smear each slice of bread with a thick layer of goat cheese, then spoon over with the smashed blackberries. Garnish with mint, then eat!
*add 1 tsp if you want the blackberries more runny, 2 tsps for a thicker texture!
NOTE – if eating for one, still follow the recipe! The leftover blackberries can be refrigerated in a glass container for up to two weeks, so you make this toast even quicker the next time you crave it. Or, if you’re really hungry and there’s only you, eat them all – no on will know.