Proper Show Stopper!
This baked brie with jam, figs, walnuts and pistachios is the yummiest food I’ve had in a while. A couple of days ago me and my housemates made this and I don’t think we’ve been so happy with our little selves. 15 minutes is all it takes. And it is nothing short of absolutely delicious! It is the perfect sweet, nutty, cheesy, and super gooey goodness.
Although the recipe doesn’t call for it – cheese biscuits and/or fresh bread and/or focaccia (fo cha cha bread as Ben calls it) is essential (unless you just want to dip your whole face in it – no not speaking from experience (but wish i was))
- 4 tbsp fig jam or preserves, divided
- 1/3 cup dried mission figs, sliced
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnut hearts, roughly chopped
- 13-oz French brie
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the fig jam/preserves in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the nuts. Add half of the fig jam and mix well to coat the nut mixture.
- Place the round of brie in a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish. Using a knife, coat the brie with the remainder of the jam.
- Top the brie with the fig and nut mixture.
- Place the brie dish on a baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree F-heated oven for 10 minutes (or until brie starts to ooze, but not melt).
- Serve warm biscuits, focaccia or fresh bread.