Butter – 100g
Caster sugar – 50g
Self raising flour – 150g
You will need two baking trays.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /fan 160°C/ gas 4. Lightly butter two baking trays.
- Measure the butter into a bowl and beat to soften.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and then the flour.
- Bring the mixture together with your hands to form a dough.
- Form the dough into 16 balls about the size of a walnut and place spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Dip a fork in a little water and use this to flatten the biscuits.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes until a very pale golden. Lift off the baking tray and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- LEMON | add the zest 1 small lemon to the pre-oven mixture
- ORANGE | add the zest of 1 small orange to the pre-oven mixture
- CHOCOLATE DIP | melt some chocoalte and dip half the biscuit, let set
- CHOCOLATE BISCUIT | add 25g cocoa powder (and a splash of milk) to the pre-oven mixture
- ALMOND | add a few drops of almond extract to the pre-oven mixture then put 25g of flaked almonds on the top of the biscuits before putting them in the oven
- HONEY | add 2 tbsp Orange Blossom Clear Honey to the pre-oven mixture
- LIME AND COCONUT | add 15g desicated coconut, a drop of rose water, drop of almond extract and zest of 1 lime to the pre-oven mixture