Ah the sweet potato!
I’m not going to lie to you – there will probably be a lot of sweet potato recipes on here. I love them, much better than your white potato in my opinion, and just as, if not more versitile.
This particular recipe I baked the sweet potato then stuffed it with a mix of feta, leaves, black beans and bacon.
- sweet potato
- black beans (1/4 tin)
- feta (1/3 of a block)
- smoked back bacon
- fresh mint
- olive oil
- squeeze of lemon
- salt and pepper (chilli flakes if requires)
- First, stab your sweet potato with a fork (nice stress reliver) and put in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (if you have a fan oven it might be slightly lower?) for about 45 minutes or until it starts to feel soft
- About 20 minutes into the potato cooking, stick the bacon in the oven to bake and put the black beans on to boil in a pan of water for 15 minutes
- Grab a mixing bowl and crumble in the feta cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper (and chilli flakes)
- (You don’t need to but i did) Slice your leaves together and add to the mixing bowl with the feta cheese
- Once the black beans are cooked, drain, strain and contain them in the mixing bowl with the feta and leaves
- Cut up the cooked bacon (I cut mine quite small – but that’s because i left it in a bit long so it was slightly crunchier than expected :/) and add to the mixing bowl
- Add 1tsp of olive oil to the mixing bowl and mix all of the ingredients together
- Rescue your sweet potato from the oven and cut in half length ways
- Add as much or as little feta/leaves/bacon/bean mix to the top